Statement by the former Primate of Brazil




Dear friends!


During the past four years I have had the pleasure of serving as the Primate of Brazil.  There have been ups and downs, lessons learned, successes and the blessing of having met many people and grown in relationship with them.  I would like to thank you all who have been involved with the Province of Brazil and have offered me support and friendship in my role as Primate; it was and is very appreciated.

This past weekend, May 30th – June 3rd, the Province of Brazil held its General Synod which was a historical moment. I am pleased to announce that Bishop Naudal Alves Gomes was elected in my place as Primate and I pray God blesses his time in this position.  Bishop Naudal is diocesan  of Diocese of Curitiba and announced the name of the Revd Magda Guedes Pereira as the new Provincial Secretary. I hope you will join me in praying for him and his family as he makes this transition and accepted this new ministry.  

Additionally, the decision to approve same sex marriage in this Synod is a decision that will need be followed by diocesan confirmations and adoptions as next procedures.  This approval is granted in all of the Province of Brazil but each Diocese will maintain the autonomy to address the issue in their own time and as they see appropriate.  We also request your prayers in this matter for while it is welcome news for many, it will be a difficult transition for others.

Even though I am no longer Primate, I continue in the roles of Bishop of the Southwestern Diocese. I`ll be offering my prayers and time to serve the Church as member of the Provincial Standing Committee and also as co-chair  of the Bilateral Committee TEC-IEAB.  My true hope is to continue the relationships that I have formed during my Primacy in these areas where I will still serve.  Again, thank you for your time and support during the past 4 years.  Please pray for me in my transition even as I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

I bring with me blessed times, blessed memories and blessed good friends around the Communion.


Peace and grace to you,

Bishop Francisco
Diocesan of Southwestern Diocese, Brazil

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas